Resources for promoting women in STEM fields
ADVANCE: NSF grants to support programs that advance women in math and engineering. Links below lead to information about mentoring, faculty searches, diversifying faculty, enhancing department climate, etc.
- NSF source for Guidebooks: cover topics like the search process, recruitment, and promotion & tenure, including an “interview toolkit.”
- NSF source for Handbooks: further resources, like the Faculty Recruitment Handbook and a Faculty Recruitment Handbook.
- NSF source for Handouts: for passing out information that a person can take away from an event or conversation with information about programs, initiatives, recommendations, and topics like accountability and equity, for instance a “faculty retention checklist.”
- Gender Equity Project at Hunter College: their motto is leading the way in demolishing the glass ceiling for academic women scientists
- Organizational Change Strategies to Support the Success of Women Scholars in STEM Fields: a paper by Ann E. Austin, Sandra Laursen, Anne-Barrie Hunter, Melissa Soto, Dalinda Martinez
Women in Biology: lots of general discussion about women in STEM fields
The World’s Women Reports
Reports on trends and statistics of gender equality from the United Nations.